Spencer Platt/Getty Images
Welcome to 10 Things Before the Opening Bell. Sign up here to get this email in your inbox every morning.
Sign up for Insider Investing for your weekly markets analysis.
1. Fed Chair Jerome Powell wants to return to a 'great economy.' See what markets are doing today.
2. Impossible Foods could go public at a $10 billion valuation. The startup behind wildly popular vegan burgers is considering a public listing via an IPO or SPAC.
3. Christie's plans to auction a rare set of 9 CryptoPunk NFTs for up to $9 million. The auction house, which recently sold a Beeple NFT for $69 million, will accept bids and payments in Ether.
4. Microsoft approaches $2 trillion in market value. The computing giant would be only the second US company after Apple to pass that threshold.
5. The stock market could soar 40% from current levels, Wharton professor Jeremy Siegel says. His bullish backdrop is partly based on Fed Chair Powell saying interest rates won't be raised anytime soon.
6. Biden's tax hike could drag S&P 500 profit growth to a near-standstill next year. Goldman Sachs' David Kostin said profit growth could be as low as 2% if all of Biden's proposals pass.
7. On the data docket. The IMF meeting, US producer price indices, wholesale inventories, and the Baker Hughes US oil rig count are due.
8. We asked 5 renowned growth-fund managers for their favorite stock picks. These are the 4 that multiple managers think will crush the market going forward.
9. Goldman Sachs has identified a bunch of stocks it's more bullish on than the rest of Wall Street. The firm says to buy these 40 stocks whose upside potential is going underappreciated.
10. UBS says the reopening and Biden's $2 trillion infrastructure plan will send commodity prices surging. The firm recommends these 8 commodity trades poised to make you a return of at least 10%.
Source: Read Full Article