Libby Squire's brave mum says she wants to speak to daughter's killer after student, 21, was raped & murdered

LIBBY Squire’s brave mum has said she wants to speak to her daughter’s killer and ask him how she died.

The student, 21, was grabbed from a Hull street after a night out in 2019 and was raped and murdered by butcher Pawel Relowicz before her body was dumped in the Humber.

This month marks three years since her death, and her mother now says she is finally ready to meet her killer.

Lisa Squire, 51, told The Mirror: “I’d like to sit at a table opposite him and have a cup of coffee with him. I really would.

“I want to know what happened that night. I still don’t know what happened. What were Libby’s last words? How did she die? Did you hit her?

“I want him to have to look at me.”

She added: “He can’t hurt me any more than he already has done and I need answers.”

Libby was last seen taking a cab from a nightclub in Hull on Thursday, January 31 2019.

Most read in News


Boris Johnson to announce if he's dropping Plan B THIS WEEK, No10 hints


Terrifying moment man PUSHES woman onto tracks leaving her inches from death


Work from home and jab passports to be DROPPED in nine days but face masks to stay


Dad finds secret lurking beneath floorboards – & what he does with it is INCREDIBLE

Pawel Relowicz, 26, was prowling the streets looking for a victim when he came across the "extremely vulnerable" student, 21.

He saw shivering Libby sobbing by the road. She was likely hypothermic, had lost her keys and fallen repeatedly.

Good Samaritans tried to help her but she became agitated so they left. From there she had seemingly vanished.

She begged Relowicz to take her to her mum. Instead, he hauled her to the park in an 11-minute ordeal.

Relowicz, a butcher at a meat factory, dumped her body in a river. 

She was discovered six weeks later on March 20, 2019, in the Humber estuary by a fishing boat – a gold necklace bearing the letter 'L' still hanging around her neck.


Libby’s mum continued: “He’s been in custody for nearly three years and apparently he is now showing his true colours and is not the quiet little man that he used to be.

“I want him to be forced to face me and answer my questions.”

She continued: “We have seen all the CCTV. We have a visual leading up to the point of when they got to the park. We can see her being put into his car, we can see his car with her in it, driving to the park. All those time stamps are emblazoned on my brain.

“That’s really hard because on the 31st January I will run through that in my mind.

“I will be watching the clock from 11.30 when she left the club, to nine minutes past midnight when he picked her up.

“I will be thinking ‘she got in the car now…they were driving down this road at that point’.

“I will replay it all, like a video loop in my head.

“But there are seven minutes where I don't know what happened. Before her screams were heard and he silenced her.”

    Source: Read Full Article