A former WWE NXT Women's champion sacked because of racy online content has spoken for the first time of the “hurt and disappointment” she felt from the firing.
Mandy Rose was NXT Women's Champion for a whopping 413 days up until 24 hours before being reportedly booted from the company at the end of last year (December 14) for a series of nude pictures and video leaks on her FanTime page.
Officials with the company made the decision to release the 32-year-old popular former champion as they felt she was "outside of the parameters of her WWE deal", according to one source.
READ MORE: WWE Hall of Famer punched '50 times in 26 seconds' by woman in bizarre video
“WWE officials felt they were put in a tough position based on the content she was posting on her FanTime page. They felt like it was outside of the parameters of her WWE deal,” reported Fightful Select.
Rose, whose real name is Amanda Rose Saccomanno, was scheduled to defend the belt at a New Years-themed show next year, but lost the title to Roxanne Perez on Tuesday's (December 13) NXT show.
And she has finally spoken out for the first time since being released.
During an appearance on the United States-based Tamron Hall show, she said: “I can't even say I was wronged because I'm so grateful for everything the WWE has presented me with.
"I'm very hurt – no-one wants to get that call to say you're being fired from a job.
Vince McMahon officially restored to WWE Board as rumours suggest he may 'sell company'
"I was very hurt, very disappointed, and I was disappointed so much more because of everything I had put into the business just in the last year-and-a-half.”
Rose went on to talk about being NXT Women's Champion for 413 days, as well as creating the Toxic Attraction group alongisde Jacey Jayne and Gigi Dolin.
She added: “I also created this must-see faction with two other women . . .and I got to see so many women develop their characters, younger than me, and in the beginning of their careers.
CJ 'Lana' Perry ready to shut down 'Hot Flexible Wife' content for 'free' WWE return
“To me, that was so important, because it was so rewarding to me.
“Losing the title was honestly a gut punch – I was so disappointed, but at the end of the day, my purpose was gone, and I that’s where I felt kind of lost and I felt confused, because of all the hard work I put into it.
“There were a lot of answered questions and all that, at the end of the day, like I said, I love what I’ve done in the WWE and I love what the platform presented me with, so I am forever grateful.”
However, when asked by Hall if she would return to WWE, she she wouldn't commit either way, but replied “never say never”.
Rose also said she would have to talk to WWE officials about a return if closing down her FanTime account was part of the deal.
She added that she has also made more money from her FanTime account the she ever had in WWE.
To get more stories from Daily Star delivered straight to your inbox sign up to one of our free newsletters here.
- For more of the latest news from the world of the Daily Star, check out our homepage
Inside new home of real-life Mowgli who ate grass and was bullied into the jungle
Giant £900m cruise ship saved from scrapyard bought by Disney for knockdown price
Ex-WWE star Sasha Banks makes 'f***ing surreal' Japan debut after walking out of company
Inside the off-grid Russian village where dead Wagner mercenaries demand to be buried
Source: Read Full Article