Prince Charles has shared a video that shows a photo of the Queen, Prince William and Prince George in the background – but no picture of Prince Harry.
The Prince of Wales spoke of the importance of preserving the memory of the more than 22,000 “remarkable individuals” as he commemorated the 77th anniversary of the Normandy D-Day landings.
But Prince Charles' video message did not feature a photo of Prince Harry – the second he has done in the last month to omit the Duke of Sussex.
A video message about the Queen's Platinum Jubilee next year shared on May 18 only had the same image of the Queen, Prince William and Prince George in the background.
Previous videos shared by Charles have had photos which included Prince Harry in the background.
Charles, patron of the Normandy Memorial Trust, said he had wished to travel to France and spoke of his pride at opening the “remarkable” memorial.
In a video message, he said: “I particularly wanted to address my first remarks directly to those whose presence today, either in person or online, really matters the most.
“I know just how much our incomparable veterans had hoped to be in Normandy today to see their Memorial for themselves.
Meghan Markle 'smashed Royal mould to smithereens' and the Firm didn't even notice
“Despite having to watch via satellite link, this in no way obscures the enormous regard, and admiration, in which we hold our veterans or diminishes our debt of gratitude to the more than 22,000 men and women whose names are now permanently inscribed in stone in this place of honour above Gold Beach.”
Charles added: “As I said when I first became aware of the plans for this long overdue British memorial, it has for many years been a concern to me that the memory of these remarkable individuals should be preserved for future generations as an example of personal courage and sacrifice, for the benefit of the wider national and, indeed, international community.
“May God bless our veterans, the families and all those who paid the ultimate sacrifice as a result of the operations around D-Day and during the Battle of Normandy.”
It comes following a number of public comments Harry has made about parenting in recent times, revealing that he intends to break the "cycle" of bad royal parenting with his own children.
The Duke of Sussex said he doesn’t intend for Archie or his new daughter he shares with wife Meghan Markle to experience the "pain and suffering" of becoming trapped in that cycle.
Meghan Markle used wave 'similar to Diana' to 'bond instantly with public', says expert
Appearing on Dax Shepard’s Armchair Expert podcast, which was released on Thursday, Harry revealed that he doesn’t intend to follow in his father Prince Charles’ footsteps, or mimic the way Queen Elizabeth and Prince Philip raised Charles.
"Isn’t life about breaking the cycle?" he asked during the episode.
"There’s no blame," Harry was quick to add.
"I don’t think anyone should be pointing the finger and blaming anyone.
"Certainly, when it comes to parenting, if I’ve experienced some form of pain and suffering because of the pain and suffering that perhaps my father or parents suffered, I’m gonna make sure I break that cycle so that I don’t pass it on."
Source: Read Full Article