The royal family didn't want to wait for Prince Harry to announce the Queen's death as they wanted to break the news "on their own terms," an expert claims.
An excerpt from bombshell new book Endgame by Omid Scobie, set to be released in full on November 28, was published in People Magazine earlier this week detailing how the Duke of Sussex's team "begged" the Palace not to declare Her Majesty had died before he arrived. "There was a tug-of-war between the Sussexes’ team and Buckingham Palace over whether to announce the news without Harry being informed," Scobie wrote.
"With Her Majesty’s death already confirmed to the prime minister an hour before Harry left, and all other senior family members now gathered in Scotland processing the news, royal press secretaries were ready to share the news with the world."
READ MORE: Prince Harry texted William twice on day Queen died but got 'no response', claims book
For the latest royal news from the Daily Star, click here.
Harry has previously spoken out about his devastation at learning the news via BBC News. Writing about the incident in his memoir, Spare, Harry recalled: "I looked at the BBC website. My grandmother had died. My father was King."
But royal expert Kinsey Schofield said it would have been unfair for the Sussexes to expect the Firm to hold off on such important news. "I’m surprised that Harry and Meghan would expect for the palace to wait to announce the Queen's death based on Harry's plans," she told the Daily Star.
King Charles' famous relatives – Beyonce and Madonna to Justin Trudeau
"Harry has proven to be highly untrustworthy and unpredictable. The palace wanted to announce the Queen's death on their specific terms. It's not all about Harry. His family is so much bigger than he ever gives them credit for."
Scobie's book is expected to make waves when it's released later this month. The pre-released passage also saw the royal biographer claim Harry texted older brother Prince William twice the day the Queen died but received no response.
"William, whom Charles had just spoken to, was supposedly working on arranging travel. Harry sent a text message to his brother asking how he and Kate [Middleton] planned to get to Scotland and whether they could travel together," the passage read. "No response."
The Daily Star has contacted Harry and Meghan's representatives and Buckingham Palace for comment.
For the latest breaking news and stories from across the globe from the Daily Star, sign up for our newsletter by clicking here.
Source: Read Full Article