Teen killed and ‘had hands and feet cut off’ after being burned alive in attack

A teenager had her hands and feet chopped off before she was burned alive in her car before her remains were found by a dog walker.

The body of Ariki Rigby, 18, was so badly burned that police first mistook her for a sheep carcass, following the attack in Havelock North, New Zealand.

Ariki's sister Anahera told the crime podcast The Felon Show: "You know they do say that she had broken bones," adding: "I suppose they forgot to mention that she also had her hands and feet cut off."

READ MORE: Two kids found dead in abandoned luggage in New Zealand were ‘likely there for years’

Ariki was killed early in September last year, with Anahera saying: "Police were going to get the car towed and crushed had the person who found her didn’t find her in time.

”We were so grateful that they found her otherwise she would have forever been declared a missing person. They had done a lot to her. I found out so much about her.”

According to the New Zealand Herald, officers previously said potential witnesses may not come forward due to the possible gang affiliations of those thought to be responsible.

Ariki was visiting family when she was killed. Anahera told the podcast: "The last memory I have is of her walking out my doors and jumping in her car.

To get more stories from Daily Star delivered straight to your inbox sign up to one of our free newsletters here.

"The window won’t go up so I had to put a rubbish bag over it. It was raining. That was a sign she shouldn’t go anywhere.

“I was begging her to stay but she didn’t want to. I kept trying to tell her to stay," adding: "She wanted to go to Hastings and I told her, ‘You got beaten up there’."


  • Woman chucked out of New Zealand 'for being too fat' as visa row forces her from country
  • Huge 7.1 magnitude earthquake shakes New Zealand as 'hazardous tsunami' alarm issued
  • New Zealand is looking for people to fill 114 job types – check if yours is on the list
  • Tragic Brit drink driver flew 72ft in pal's Subaru before night hunters found wreckage
  • New Zealand city plunged into lockdown as country confirms Covid outbreak after no cases

Source: Read Full Article