THREE Brits including a child were killed in the ISIS suicide bomb blast in Kabul yesterday with two other UK nationals injured in the carnage.
More than 170 people were killed in the massive suicide blast which rocked the airport in the Afghan capital just hours before the evacuation deadline.
Foreign Secretary Dominic Raab said today: "I was deeply saddened to learn that two British nationals and the child of another British national were killed by yesterday’s terror attack, with two more injured.
“These were innocent people and it is a tragedy that as they sought to bring their loved ones to safety in the UK they were murdered by cowardly terrorists.
“Yesterday’s despicable attack underlines the dangers facing those in Afghanistan and reinforces why we are doing all we can to get people out. We are offering consular support to their families.
“We will not turn our backs on those who look to us in their hour of need, and we will never be cowed by terrorists."
Thirteen US troops and dozens of Afghans were among those killed in the blast at Kabul airport on Thursday.
On Friday, the Pentagon said the attack involved only one location and not two as previously reported.
The Pentagon said there was one ISIS suicide bomber, who struck at the Abbey Gate, where desperate Afghans were crowding to try and enter the airport and where US troops were carrying out security checks.
Major General Hank Taylor, the deputy director for regional operations on the Pentagon's Joint Staff, told reporters there was no second explosion at the Baron Hotel near the airport.
The suicide bomber reportedly hit people standing in a wastewater canal – sending bodies flying into the water.
It's understood he walked into the middle of families waiting in Kabul before blowing himself up.
People waiting desperately for a space on a flight out of Afghanistan were seen carrying those who had been wounded to ambulances, their clothes covered in blood.
Another 200 people were wounded while 132 were left so maimed by the attack that they're unidentifiable, according to a CNN correspondent in Afghanistan.
Other blasts were heard in Kabul hours later, but were believed to be US troops carrying out controlled explosions as they dispensed of weapons.
We will not forgive. We will not forget. We will hunt you down and make you pay.
ISIS claimed responsibility for the attack, sharing a picture online of one of the suicide bombers.
The attack made for America's deadliest day in Afghanistan for 10 years – and Republicans claimed US President Joe Biden had "blood on his hands".
Biden told those behind the Kabul airport attack: “We will not forgive. We will not forget. We will hunt you down and make you pay.”
A source told Fox News that the attacks in Kabul may be an "ongoing event" – with more violence to come.
Thousands of people have gathered at the airport over the past 12 days hoping to be evacuated after the Taliban seized power.
And despite the attack on Thursday, desperate Afghans have continued scrambled to Kabul airport in a last ditch attempt to flee the Taliban.
It comes as Foreign Office staff reportedly left documents containing the contact details of Afghans working for them scattered on the ground at the British embassy in Kabul.
Papers left at the embassy compound – now seized by the Taliban – identified seven Afghans and were found by The Times this week.
They included the name and address of a senior member of the embassy staff as well as the CVs and addresses of people who applied to work as interpreters – potentially putting their lives at risk.
Source: Read Full Article