Oxford schools close all buildings after threat made only two weeks after Ethan Crumbley 'shot and killed four students'

OXFORD schools closed all buildings after an online threat was only two weeks after Ethan Crumbley allegedly shot and killed four students.

The Oxford school district said they received an image from social media on Monday that included a specific threat directed at a middle school.

"Today, December 13, we received an image from social media that included a specific threat directed at our middle school," school officials said in a post on the district website.

"We immediately notified law enforcement, who are investigating. Out of an abundance of caution, we are canceling school in all our buildings on Tuesday, Dec. 14.

"We plan to do a full security check of all our buildings while our security experts and law enforcement conduct their investigation. We apologize for this inconvenience and ask for your continued patience and understanding during this challenging time."

The school district added: "Please talk to your students and remind them that all threats at Oxford Community Schools will be taken seriously, investigated by law enforcement, and will be prosecuted to the full extent of the law."

The threat comes only two weeks before Ethan, 15, allegedly opened fire at Oxford High School on November 30, killing four students.

The students killed in the shooting were identified as Tate Myre, 16, Hana St. Juliana, 14, Justin Shilling, 17, and Madisyn Baldwin, 17.

Most read in The Sun


Chilling moment shameless mum & lover blame 2-year-old boy for Star's murder


'Pubs and restaurants could be CLOSED or have entry limits to halt Omicron'


I feel terrible about Christine McGuinness being upset, says Joel Dommett


Brits will need 3 jabs for vaccine passports from as early as February

Oakland County Sheriff Michael J. Bouchard says that Ethan had two “discipline meetings” at the school – one the day before and the deadly shooting. 

"There is nothing that he could have faced that would warrant senseless, absolutely brutal violence on other kids,” he said.

The 15-year-old has been charged as an adult, facing four counts of first-degree murder, terrorism, and assault.


Ethan appeared in court Monday as his legal team campaigned to remove him from the Oakland County Jail, where adult inmates, including his parents, are held.

Attorney Deborah H. McKelvy and Ethan's appointed defender, Loftin, introduced the idea in the hearing, arguing that the teen had not shown evidence he would be a "menace" to other juvenile inmates.

They recommended that Ethan could be moved to the Oakland County Children's Village, a juvenile detention center.

McKelvy expressed "concerns for his mental and emotional well-being" and emphasized that the Oakland County Jail is not "designed for juveniles."

Prosecuting attorney Mark Keast was vehemently against the idea, saying Ethan was accused of "targeting juveniles" in the school shooting attack.

He also pointed out that the Children's Village has had documented escapes.

"This cannot be compared to any other case," Keast argued, saying he couldn't imagine placing "this defendant in a school environment after what he did.”

Judge Nancy Carniak, who presided over the hearing, would have to decide at a later date whether Ethan could be relocated.

The next hearing for the 15-year-old is scheduled to be held on January 7, 2022, at 9am.


On December 3, James and Jennifer Crumbley were each charged with four counts of involuntary manslaughter.

The couple disappeared after the charges were brought against them but were later arrested miles away from Oxford in the area of Mount Elliott and Lafayette in Detroit.

James and Jennifer will be in court on Tuesday for a probable cause hearing related to charges they face in connection with the tragedy.

The Crumbleys have pleaded not guilty to four counts of involuntary manslaughter.

They each face a maximum prison sentence of 60 years and maximum fines of $30,000 if convicted on all four counts.

A district judge ruled the couple a "flight risk" during their arraignment hearing.

Ethan and his parents are reportedly being held in isolation and on suicide watch.


Since the killings, disturbing details have arisen surroundings the teen's "desire to kill his peers" and how his parents handled their son's issue.

According to police, the gun used in the school shooting was a Sig Sauer 9mm handgun that Ethan's parents had bought for him as an early Christmas present the day after Thanksgiving.

The now-accused murderer reportedly boasted about the weapon on social media, uploading a photo of it to Instagram and calling it his "new beauty."

The following day, Jennifer penned her own Instagram post detailing how she and Ethan had spent the day testing the new gun.

"Mom and son day testing out his new Christmas present," Jennifer is said to have written in the since-deleted post.

Three days later, on the morning of the shooting, a teacher at Oxford High summoned Jennifer and James to the school after finding a disturbing note on the teen's desk.

Oakland County prosecutor Karen McDonald said the note included the drawing of a semi-automatic handgun pointing towards the words "the thoughts won't stop, help me," and "blood everywhere."

Also included in the sickening drawing was purportedly the body of a person who had been shot twice, along with a laughing emoji and the words "my life is useless" and "the world is dead."

Ethan was removed from the classroom,and his parents were instructed to get their son counseling within 48 hours.

They allegedly pushed back against the suggestion of removing him from school for the rest of the day, and instead, Ethan returned to class.

Shortly afterward, investigators say Ethan exited a school bathroom and began moving through a hallway at a "methodical pace," indiscriminately shooting students in hallways and classrooms at close range.

The 15-year-old then surrendered to cops around five minutes after the attack began.

He reportedly handed over the same Sig Sauer 9mm that he bragged his parents had bought him on social media days earlier.

According to prosecutors, the 9mm handgun was stored in an unlocked safe inside Jennifer and James' bedroom.

We pay for your stories!

Do you have a story for The US Sun team?

Email us at [email protected] or call 212 416 4552.

like us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/TheSunUS and follow us from our main Twitter account at @TheSunUS

    Source: Read Full Article